I've seen a lot of blogs recently who have been given the Liebster Award and I'm proud to say it has also been given to me. A big thank you to Thea at Gizzimomo's Stitchy Place.
Liebster is a German word meaning favourite, dearest or beloved. The Liebster Blog Award is awarded by bloggers to other new bloggers who have fewer than 200 followers, to help spread the word about their blogs and to help them gain wider recognition.
The Liebster award comes with four conditions that each receipient must satisfy when accepting.
- Choose 5 up-and-coming blogs with less than 200 followers to award the Liebster to.
- Show your thanks to the blogger who gave you the award by linking back to them.
- Post the award on your blog. List the bloggers you are giving the award to with links to their sites. Leave comments on their blogs so they know about the award.
- Share 5 random facts about yourself that people don't know about you.
Here are the five people and blogs that I award the Liebster Blog Award to:
- My first award goes to Clare at Cross Stitching Crazy Lady I love watching her progress on Train of Dreams as I currrently have this as a UFO so am vicariously stitching through her!
- My second award goes to Caroline at My HUUUGE Haed Project as I am always astounded by the size of the project she has taken on and look forward to seeing her progress.
- Thirdly I am award to Dawn at Epidotes Blog - she also runs Crafty Kitten Fabrics and I love seeing her hand made cards and stitching and also hearing about the progress of her baby boy.
- Next is Alicia at The Crafty Princess I am so jealous as Alicia gets to stitch at work - now that sounds like a dream job to me!!
- My last award is going to my sister Louise at Stitch One, Knit One - she hasn't blogged for a while so I am trying to encourage her to start again. She does amazing stitching but also makes the most wonderful knitted toys which I often have to fight with my son for!
So here are five things you may not know about me (apart from my sister of course who knows everything about me!!)
- I didn't leave home until I was 30 and my husband is the only person I have had a long term relationship with.
- Although all I have ever wanted was to be a mum when I finally had my little boy I had horrible postnatal depression and still struggle with being a mum sometimes.
- I have hundreds upon hundreds of books and they are all shelved alphabetically by author and I've probably not read more than 50% of them.
- I have always wanted a cat but never had one as I am allergic to them.
- I don't want any more children but cannot imagine never being pregnant again.