Followers

Sunday, 26 July 2015

Hugs - Jodyri Designs - FINISHED - 24th July 2015

I have recently been stitching a model for Michelle at Jodyri Designs.  It is one of a set of three and the one I stitched was Hugs the others are Love and Kiss.  It's stitched on 28 count Wild Porcini and the thread used is called Beach Huts.  This was a lovely stitch and I can see myself stitching it again to keep for myself.






I was asked to keep a record of how long it took me to stitch this project and I was surprised that it took me 18 hours to stitch.  It's really eye opening to keep a record of the length of time it takes to stitch a project and I think I'm going to start doing this for all future projects just for my own information.

Keep stitching and smiling


Thursday, 9 July 2015

Tribal Hummingbird - KLT Charting - 9th July 2015 - FINISHED

I've had another finish - my second one in a week.  I was stitching Tribal Hummingbird as a model for KLT Charting but it was such a lovely stitch that it got completed a lot sooner than I expected it too.  I actually stitched on this on 9 days and today it's finished.

It's stitched on 18 count hand dyed aida from KLT Charting called Bring Me Sunshine.  The outline is stitched with DMC 3837 and the inside is stitched with Cha Cha Cha from Jodyri Designs.

I really enjoyed stitching this and it looks so vibrant and colourful.  A really lovely Summer stitch.







Keep stitching and smiling


Monday, 6 July 2015

Candy Cane Cottage - Country Cottage Needleworks - 06.07.15 - FINISHED

I joined in an event in a Facebook group I am part of about stitching a Christmas ornament which began on 1st July.  I've decided to stitch the Santa's Village series from Country Cottage Needleworks as individual ornaments.  I am planning to hang them like bunting over the festive season.

I don't have a before photo to show you as I started stitching this on 1st July and finished it today 6th July.  The first one I have stitched is called Candy Cane Cottage.  I used all the recommended threads but I changed the snowflakes from being stitched in DMC white to Kreinik 032 as I wanted them to have a little sparkle.

I used the recommended Poblano Pepper from Crescent Colours and was slightly disappointed with the outcome.  It's not as variegated as it is in the picture and I think I could have got the same effect with the DMC alternative.  I suppose that's the chance you take with overdyed threads.

So here are my progress pictures:-








I've got one more day of my self-imposed stitching holiday before I get back to stitching on the models I have committed to and I think it may be a new start.

Keep stitching and smiling


Wednesday, 1 July 2015

Jodyri Mystery SAL - Part 5

The latest part of the Jodyri Mystery SAL was released today.  As I am model stitching it for Michelle I completed my part a few weeks ago.

Here is part 1:



And here is part 2:


And part 3:


And part 4:


And finally part 5:




Keep stitching and smiling