Followers

Monday 30 September 2013

Learning Sampler - Northern Expressions Needlework - Parts 1 & 2 - Completed 15.09.13

I recently found out about the Learning Sampler by Northern Expressions Needlework.  It is being released in parts over about 18 months (I think).  I loved the design when I saw it and liked the idea of learning lots of new speciality stitches, it can only help with my Chatelaine when I get back to it.

This is the picture that I first saw.


I decided I wanted to stitch it in purples and I've chosen six Dinky Dyes colours to stitch it in.  I am stitching on 32 count Pearl Grey Murano.  I had originally thought I would stitch the border in white as shown but I am now doing it in DMC 4215.  The first part of the pattern was released on 1st September and was the border and the first five letters A-E.

Here is mine with part one of the satin stitch border completed.


And a close up of the corner.


When I first looked at the chart I thought the border looked very complicated but the diagram breaking down the border into three easy steps helped a lot.  I did miscount one stitch though which meant frogging a good portion of it but from start to finish the whole border took me three days of stitching possibly an hour or two a day.  I really like how it's looking so far.

And here is part two letters A-E.






And the whole


Keep stitching and smiling


11 comments:

sharine said...

Wow! It looks beautiful:)

gracie said...

Beautiful

Anonymous said...

lovely sampler

Stitching Noni said...

How pretty! :)

Monique said...

Your colour choices are absolutely stunning... and your stitching too!

cucki said...

So pretty x

Denise said...

Lovely choice of colors - beautiful work!
Happy Stitching
Denise

Miss Lilly said...

Oh wow, this looks beautiful! The colours you have chosen are really pretty. I can't wait to see more :)

The Crafty Princess said...

Nic that is too beautiful! The colours are brilliant and go so well together. Good job stunner!
Alicia xo

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

What amazing colours! Could you label them for next time, please :-)

I won a load of Nicole's charts, her instructions really are excellent. I love her style. Do you follow her blog?

Yes, I am way behind in my blog reading!

Kaisievic said...

Really pretty colours - this will look stunning when finished.