Sunday 28 July 2024

Week beginning 21st July 2024

I'm happy to say that following on from a poor stitching week last week I've had a great week this week.  Achieved all my goals and a little bit more.

Current WIPs

I started the week working on Seychelles Flag by Vivsters.  I am stitching this on a 22 count white hardanger from zweigart using the charted DMC 1 over 1.

I didn't reach my goal last week of completing one square so this week I wanted to stitch 2 to catch up.  I am pleased to say that I completed 2 whole squares and made progress on some more.  First picture is where it was last time and second is where it is now.



I then stitched on 324 by Works by ABC which is stitched on 40 count Ivory linen from Permin using 1 strand of DMC floss over 1.  First picture where I was second where I am now.  My goal for this is 10 motifs a week to try and complete by December 1st.  I got 20 motifs done so caught up from last week.



Next project was Pretty Little Berlin by Satsuma Street stitched on a 32 count evenweave from Coffee Craft Fabrics who doesn't name their fabrics.  I got 500 stitches done on this project.



Sad Starts

The next project was one chosen from my WIPs that haven't been worked on since the day they were started.  The project chosen last week was Baby Yoda by Stitch Area.  I am stitching this on a 28 count white evenweave by Zweigart with DMC 310 2 over 2.  I did 575 stitches on this project.

The project the wheel has chosen for this week is number 4 which is Train Ornament which is a kit from Dimensions.






WIP Parade - one project at a time

I've decided to also have a section each week which will be like a WIP parade.  I intend to look at each project I have in chronological order by start date and make a decision about whether I want to continue stitching it or not.  

My oldest project is a Dimensions kit called In the Beginning.  I don't actually know when I started this project but it is definitely my oldest WIP.  This style of cross stitch really isn't for me anymore but at the moment I don't want to get rid of this WIP.  It has sentimental value for me as I believe it was a gift from family in the past.  So for now this WIP stays in its folder until I get time to stitch on it again.

My next oldest WIP to review is Sleeping Beauty's Castle by Chatelaine.


Future Plans

That's everything from this week.  I'm so much happier with my progress this week and am looking forward to next weeks projects.  I'll be working on Part 2 of the Monster House SAL, Train Ornament by Dimensions, Seychelles Flag and 324.  I also need to start working on Welcome Autumn from Shannon Christine Designs as the Autumn equinox is on 22nd September.
Thanks for reading and spending some time with me.

Nic















No comments:

Week beginning 21st July 2024

I'm happy to say that following on from a poor stitching week last week I've had a great week this week.  Achieved all my goals and ...