Sunday 14 July 2024

Current Focus Projects

I had a good response to my last post and decided it would be good to start blogging leading up to my Crazy 2025.

I currently have three focus projects which I work on every week.

The first is Seychelles Flag by Vivsters.  I am stitching this for my child who is obsessed with flags and this is their favourite flag.  I plan to stitch one of the quaker squares from this project every week on a Saturday.

Here is what the project will look like:




This is where I am currently up to.  I have completed 23 squares which is 26.84% complete.  At this pace I should finish this project in February 2026 - however my child will be 16 in January 2026 so I have told them I will aim to finish this piece for their 16th birthday.




My second focus is 324 by Works by ABC. This project uses 324 different DMC colours one for each motif and this is what the project looks like:




This is where I am currently upto.  I initially wanted to stitch one motif a day but to make that more manageable I did 7 every Sunday.  I have now taken that up to 10 every Sunday as I want to finish this project before December if possible.  I have currently done 130 motifs which is 40% complete.




My third focus project is Pretty Little Berlin by Satsuma Street.  This is what the project will look like:




This is where I currently am with the project.  I am again stitching this for my child.  They are going to Berlin with school in December.  It will be their first time on a plane, their first time abroad and their first time away from home for more than 2 nights - they are so excited - I am slightly petrified!  I thought it would be a good way to commemorate their first trip abroad and my plan is to give it to them for Christmas.




I have also just started the Mystery Monster House SAL by Satsuma Street.  They release a part every 2 weeks so I am hoping I can fit that in and then do extra stitches on Pretty Little Berlin on the weeks that don't have new releases.

Then if I have any time left after finishing my stitches on Monster House or Pretty Little Berlin I am spinning a wheel to pick one of 49 projects I currently have that have either not been stitched on since their start date or I don't have a record of when they were last stitched on.  I am going to make a new page listing those projects.  The wheel this week spun 14 which is Froth and Bubble I by Long Dog Samplers.  I will update on that project next week.

I think my plan going forward will be to do a blog post every Sunday when I have completed my stitches on 324 and show my progress for that week.

Let me know what you think about my projects and plans.

Nic

2 comments:

Kitty said...

I think it's really beautiful that you are stitching Pretty Little Berlin to commemorate your child's upcoming trip there!

Nic said...

Thank you

Week beginning 21st July 2024

I'm happy to say that following on from a poor stitching week last week I've had a great week this week.  Achieved all my goals and ...