Followers

Sunday 29 December 2013

Stitch from Stash and Blog Plans for 2014

I have decided to take up the challenge from Mel to Stitch from Stash in 2014 - you can see all the details here and you can join up if you want to before 2nd January.

The budget for each months stitching stash is $25 which works out as £15.19.  I'm quite lucky that I paid off a large lay away with Crafty Kitten with my Christmas money so will have that to look forward to receiving in January without having to worry about taking it out of my stitching budget.  The rules are that if you don't spend the total each month you can carry it forward - basically my total stitching spend for the year must be less than £182.28.  Having had a quick review of my stash earlier today this really shouldn't be a problem as I have enough threads, fabrics and patterns to last me a life time which is the main reason for doing this.  I may need to be the odd thread here or there to finish off a project or a piece of fabric if I don't have something suitable but I don't think that will happen often.

So my blog plan (hope) for the year is a weekly post detailing what I have been stitching that week and a monthly post detailing what (if any) money I have spent that month.  I hope you enjoy watching my diminishing stash pile during 2014.

Also I am hoping that early on in 2014 we will finally sort out our spare bedroom so it can become my craft room.  I will try and post some pictures of me organising my stash in a way that works for me and trying to keep some sort of inventory so that I don't spend money on items I already have.

I'd like to take this opportunity to wish all my readers a Happy New Year - thanks for sticking with me through 2013 even though I didn't post as much as I wanted to.  I hope 2014 brings you everything you wish for.  I wish for health and happiness for all my friends, family and blog readers.  Happy New Year!

Keep stitching, smiling and destashing





2 comments:

Lynn Bourke said...

Good Luck with the Stitch from Stash - I'm doing it too, and allowing myself £15 a month (seems a lot at the moment, but we shall see!)

Looking forward to seeing your Craft Room pics!

Shebafudge said...

Good luck with stitching from stash this year. It seems to be a very popular 'SAL'.

Happy new year and I hope 2014 is a great on for you and yours! xx