I've been working on the Christmas Mystery Sampler this week and am really close to a finish but I'm putting it down because I'm treating myself to a new start, but more about that later.
Here's my progress picture.
I decided to do satin stitch for the windows instead of cross stitch and I am also going to do this for the door. I've also decided to change the colour of the door as I love the maroon/red colour and am going to use this.
Now call me stupid but do you see all those letters in light green in the background. It took me until I stitched x, y and z before I realised they were letters - I thought they were just supposed to represent snow and were odd shapes! Looking at the picture now it is so obvious they are letters I really don't know how I didn't see it.
So my new start is the Chatelaine Seaside Mystery - I've already received parts 1-3 of the pattern but have been waiting until I paid off my layaway for my fabric and threads to arrive. Well my parcel came this morning and the hand dyed fabric and speciality threads are absolutely stunning - I just cannot wait to get started.
With regards to the stitch from stash I have now spent my budget for January of £15.19. I decided to buy silks from the Silk Mill for my Chatelaine to substitute for the DMC threads - they cost me just over £25 but luckily I still had some Christmas money left.
Keep stitching, smiling and destashing