Followers

Saturday 15 August 2015

Violet - Mill Hill Owlet - FINISH

I recently purchased the set of six Owlets from Mill Hill.  This was my first time doing a Mill Hill kit and the first time in a long time that I had done any beading.  I think this took me about four evenings to complete with three evenings of stitching and one of beading.  The best thing about these little kits is that the thread is DMC and the beads are of course Mill Hill - this means any extras left over of which there was quite a lot can be added to my existing stash.

Here's my completed owlet.


I bought some small canvases and easels from the Works recently for £1 each and the owlet fits perfectly on it.


I haven't backed it with anything yet but I think I will at some point just to ensure that none of the stitching or beads come unravelled.

I am very pleased with my little owlet and look forward to stitching the other five.

Keep stitching and smiling


5 comments:

Tiffstitch said...

Nice finish! I love the Mill Hill kits and have re-purposed threads to other projects.

Heather said...

Aww cute finish he's adorable!

Cathy said...

I also love the Mill Hill kits and have done many of them. Your owls are very cute.

Jennifer M. said...

Very cute! He fits so perfectly on his easel.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

The owl is adorable. I love the Mill Hill kits too.
Those easels can be coloured in with marker pens and look great. Black for Hallowe'en or a nice dark brown for a more wood effect.