Followers

Monday 26 September 2016

Catching Up - 26.09.16

The first thing I need to tell you all about is that I have had to give up working on the KLT Frog SAL.  Unfortunately my stitching time has become more limited than I would like and I couldn't guarantee that I would be able to keep up with the schedule for getting the frogs stitched.  It's not something that I gave up lightly as I don't like to let people down when I have made a commitment but unfortunately due to health and work issues something had to give.  The project has been passed on to another model stitcher so I am sure you will still be able to see update pictures in the KLT Charting group.

I've been working on a few different projects over the past weeks and months that I haven't posted about here, so I thought I would do a quick round up with before and after pictures.

I'll start with the new projects I've started which obviously won't have before pictures.

Tango Owlet by Mill Hill - stitched on the perforated paper in the kit


Harry Potter Pillow Sampler by Clouds Factory - stitched on a 32 count Pearl Grey Murano


The next ones were WIPs I continued to work on.

Nautical Year from the book Sand, Sea and Cross Stitch - stitched on 18 count cream aida.  I have substituted some of the charted threads with hand dyed cottons and silks from my stash.
Before

After


Pumpkin Passport from Frosted Pumpkin Stitchery - stitched on 28 count Opal Jazlyn in Nimbus from Chromatic Alchemy
Before

After

Angel of Love by Lavender and Lace - stitched on a custom dyed piece of 28 count Brittney from Jodyri Designs.
Before

After

Sleeping Beauty's Castle from Chatelaine - stitched on 28 count Jazlyn March 2012 Ltd Ed from Crafty Kitten.
Before

After


Keep stitching and smiling


7 comments:

Vickie said...

I love all your stitching!!!

Pull the other thread said...

Sorry to hear that things have been piling up on you and that you had to give up on the Frog SAL stitching but it makes sense. You can only do so much. Love all your stitching, everything looks so pretty.

The Crafty Princess said...

Oh honey sorry to hear that you've been having health issues and work related issues. I hope your stitching time picks up as I know how much you love it and we love seeing all your work too. I also hope any negative aspects of your life pick up too. Much love Nic. xox

Well done on all your stitching progress. You still have alot done. I really love Pumpkin Passport.

xox Alicia

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

What a shame to give up the cute frogs but you have so many other lovely projects on the go you deserve to spend what little time you have on them. I love the nautical monthly sampler.

xstitchlibrarian said...

Hi Nic,
I've just started some designs from the Sand, Sea and Cross Stitch book as well. I love the colour palate and simplicity of the patterns although I'm finding the blues sometimes a little difficult to tell apart in the colour legend.
Great work!
Kerrie

Heather said...

I'm sorry you had to let the frogs go but everything looks great!

Rachel said...

I shall miss seeing your cute frogs but have enjoyed the updates on your other progress. Everything's coming along really nicely. :)