So last year I joined all the SALs - planned all my stitching - which current WIPs would fit - what I needed to buy to be able to have new starts if I didn't have a WIP that would fit.
My first project was New Year New Start - my start was At the Met by Mirabilia. This project also fits into the Mirabilia year long SAL. It was also going to be my day 1 project for the Crazy 7 (start 7 projects in 7 days).
As I stitched on it I realised I really did not want to start a new project the next day and the next day for 6 days. I wanted to stay on At the Met and get some progress on her.
So I still have all the plans in my diary for the SALs I was going to participate in but at the moment (who knows what might happen tomorrow!) my plans are:-
- Stitch on a project for as long as I am enjoying stitching on it.
- I have several projects that I didn't work on at all in 2016 so until I have stitched on them I cannot start another new project. I have also made a note of when I last stitched on all my current WIPs and as it becomes 12 months since I have worked on a project they too will be added to this list.
- If I want to start a different project I will see what SALs are scheduled for that day and see if I can work on a project that fits the SAL.
- If there are no SALs for that day I will use the random number generator to pick a new project for me - if it picks a new start I will work on one of my oldest WIPs instead. Again I will work on this project for as long as I am enjoying stitching on it. If I am not enjoying stitching on it then I will make a decision on whether or not I think I will ever enjoy stitching on it and may retire it.
The projects I did not work on in 2016 are:
- Celtic Banner by Butternut Road
- Dragon Dance by Paine Free Crafts
- Hanging Loose from a magazine
- Hug of Owls from KLT Charting
- Nativity from a magazine
- A photo conversion of my son
- A chart I designed myself
I hope these thoughts make sense to you but I am mainly putting them here so I can refer back to them.
Keep stitching and smiling