Followers

Sunday 13 January 2019

Perpetual Calendar by Samsarah Designs - 13.01.19


For the past 10 days I have been stitching on Perpetual Calendar from Samsarah Designs.  I decided that I would stitch on each project for 3 days before spinning the wheel.  For this project the "Stick/Spin" wheel landed on stick twice so I continued to work on it for 9 days - I added the 10th day as it was more convenient to stitch on this project than switch today.

So I'm bringing in a new rule for my wheel spinning decisions.  Once I have stitched on a project for 9 days then I will definitely switch to a different one.

I am not stitching these in the called for colours.  I am substituting them with my own choices from stash.  The threads used are mainly from Jodyri Designs but I have used some others as well.

The first picture was my starting point and then the following pictures were taken at 7pm each day.











Today I finished the number "4" so I count that as 3 mini finishes as the ones pictured below were all partially started when I picked this project up.


I have really enjoyed stitching on this project and intend to try and put at least one length of thread into it each day.  Once I get to the filling in of the background it is very meditative and I don't need to look at the chart. 


Tonight I spun the wheel to see what type of project I will work on next - the wheel spun "WIP".

I spun the WIP wheel and it spun "I Love You to the Moon and Back".  This is something I charted myself and am stitching for my son.  I last stitched on this on 30th October 2017.

Keep stitching and smiling


4 comments:

Rachel said...

Congratulations on your three mini finishes and for sticking with your wheel again. These are all looking great and will make a lovely display when all finished (or an incomplete display whilst you stitch up the rest!) :)

Katie said...

I've been enjoying watching the progress of this one on Instagram. Looks great to see it here though. You definitely got a lot done. I don't blame you for switching. I get bored after a few days too. This one helps a bit since each section is a little different. Good luck with your new WIP you are pulling out. I look forward to seeing the progress you make.

gracie said...

So nice to follow the progression of this piece. Looking good.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Lovely to see you blogging again! Feel free to join with my Gifted Gorgeousness SAL any month you have a suitable project.
It's great to see this calendar out again, I was very tempted when it was released!