Followers

Thursday 31 January 2019

Watercolour Gerberas - Riolis


This kit was sent to me free of charge from Riolis a while ago.  I hadn't stitched on it since I started it in July 2016.  When I got all the supplies out of the folder I wasn't looking forward to stitching on it.  The chart is in colour and there are a variety of different styles of stitch - half stitch with 1 strand; cross stitch with 1 strand, 2 strands and 3 strands; and back stitch.  I had almost decided to give the project up for adoption but decided I would stitch on it for a few days and then see how I felt.

For some reason I really struggle with the colour chart, I think I'm just used to working with black and white charts.  It helped me to stitch this with my mag eyes on as I normally enlarge my charts.  I haven't made much progress over the last 5 days as I have been on a course at work and have been very tired every evening, but progress, however small, I have made.  Also I am pleased to say that I am going to be keeping this and will stitch on it again.  Below are my progress pictures.







It's hard to see a lot of the progress as it is half stitches in yellow but I am pleased with what I got done.

My next project is a new start for 1st February and it is Monkshood by Nora Corbett.

Keep stitching and smiling


5 comments:

Rachel said...

I agree with you about both the colour chart and the amount of different threads to use on your Riolis kit but it's gorgeous and I'm glad you've decided to carry on with it.
I started Riolis' Magnolia a couple of years ago (although it has yet to appear on my blog) and admit I took notice of the 1 and 2 strands but stitched the 3 as 2 since 3 is a bit heavy on my preferred 16ct. The result is not quite as effective but it's not far off. :)

Katie said...

Sure looks great. I have a Dimensions kit like this. I just hate working on it. I laugh at myself because I have no problem with HAEDs and changing from 1,2, and 3 threads bother me haha. Glad it ended up making you happy. Good luck with it!

The Crafty Princess said...

I'm happy that you decided to continue on it, I think the different stitch variety looks really effective. A very pretty kit too.
xo Alicia

Janet said...

This piece looks beautiful. I as well have been scared to stitch using color charts, it seems like it is one more thing for my old eyes to work through.

lindamagen said...

Beautiful collection it is. I love you work and looking forward for some new stuff. I love painting and personally love diamond painting, for this I often visit colorelaxation, you also visit now.