I've worked on this for a couple of weeks as I was enjoying it so much. I decided I wanted to try and use all the threads called for so I could get some idea of the finished piece. Here's my before picture
And the after.
I love the colours of this piece and really can't wait to see it grow more. I have however been disappointed with the pattern. It was only on comparing one section from a part released to the same section in a later part released that I realised it was shown in one part to be done in cross stitch and another part to have some sections completed in rhodes stitch. Mrs Milky Bar Kid mentioned in one of her videos that she would never stitch a Chatelaine as each part is released but would wait until all the sections are released. I have to agree that I will also be taking this route with any further Chatelaines I may stitch. Had I completed the section in the earlier part with the rhodes stitches I think I would have been very disappointed especially if I had to unpick them as the section is stitched in one of the most expensive silk used so any wastage would have been a real disappointment.
I've started stitching a new piece which I designed myself and I am very pleased with how it is coming on. I will of course reveal all in my next post.
Keep stitching and smiling.