I really thought I had lost my stitching mojo as I'd not done any stitching for nearly a week. I've been wanting to experiment with a different count and a different type of fabric for a while. I decided that rather than start a big project on a new fabric and find out I didn't like it I would just do a small project. So I have had a pattern for some Assisi Christmas cards for a while and decided to try one of them. I started it last night and finished tonight. It is stitched on 27 count hand dyed Linda from Crafty Kitten. I did it 2 over 1 in tent stitch and I really enjoyed stitching it and am happy with the outcome. The only thing I am not completely happy with is the back stitching but I don't think it looks too bad.
So here's the picture from the magazine of what it should look like.
And here's my attempt.
I've also finally managed to break the cycle of bad luck with Little Boy Blue and have made it over half way up the back.
And progress is being made on my first blanket for SANDS. It currently measures 8 inches and needs to measure 22 inches so I've got quite a way to go yet.
I'm so happy as I feel like I am making progress now. I have also conquered my fear of fabric that is not Aida and I'm hoping this means that I will be able to try different designs (like a Chatelaine!) but that might be a bit ambitious yet. I think I'll try a few more smaller projects before attempting a BAP.