Followers

Saturday 28 May 2016

Learning Sampler - Northern Expressions Needlework - Part 7 Completed - 28.05.16

I'm ashamed to say that the last time I worked on this project was 26th September 2014.  I honestly cannot say why it has been so long since I worked on this project as I really do enjoy stitching it.  The combination of bands of speciality stitches and cross stitch means there are sections I can do easily and then the speciality stitches once I get into a rhythm with them come easily too.

Here's the picture of where I left it in September 2014.


 
This time I mainly worked on completing Band 7 but I like to add in stitches in other bands so that one band isn't too overwhelming.

This is a close up of the speciality stitches in Band 7.


This is the piece as it stands overall:


I've decided with my new rotation that I will set myself a goal for each piece I work on.  I will then rotate the project either when I have met the goal or if I have been stitching on a piece for 7 days.  My goal for the above project was to complete Band 7 which I achieved in 3 days.

The next project I will be working on is the Jodyri Designs mystery Halloween SAL.  As I am model stitching this piece I won't be able to share the image with you until it is released.  My goal on this project is to complete part 3.

I got some more happy mail today.  A couple of gorgeous new charts that I can't wait to kit up.

The first is Fairy Grandmother by Lavender and Lace.  This is a piece I have loved for a long time and I finally decided it was time to add it to my collection.


 The second design is one I have only seen recently but I heard it was out of print so when I saw there was only one left in stock at Sew and So I had to add it to my basket.  It's called Vintage Stars by Jeanette Douglas Designs.  It is charted in NPI silks and I cannot decide whether to stitch it as charted as I do love the cover image or whether to try and sub out other less expensive threads.


The last thing I want to share is that I have finally got round to organising my stash to the point where I have all my projects in folders and have catalogued all my threads and fabric.  Still not quite done cataloguing charts but I have done over 1,000!

So just for fun here's where I'm at:-

I currently have 41 WIPs

I have 27 projects kitted up and ready to start

Finally I have 33 projects which I am itching to start but need to buy materials for.

I think I can say I've definitely earned my blog title of Obsessive Cross Stitcher.

Keep stitching and smiling!


4 comments:

Justine said...

Yes you've certainly earned your blog title! As long as you're having fun, that's all that matters.
I love the Learning Sampler, the colours are just gorgeous.

Blu said...

Learning Sampler looks great! Your stitches are so pretty.

Tiffstitch said...

Lovely work on this one and great new purchases! That is very organized, good for you! I'm afraid to check how many patterns I have.

Heather said...

Beautiful stitching and great new charts!