Followers

Thursday 5 May 2016

Stitch Maynia 2016 - Day 5 - Bauble Cushion - Ultimate Christmas Magazine

If you haven't heard of Maynia before please see my post from 1st May - don't want to repeat myself everyday and bore everyone..

My day 5 project is called Bauble Cushion and it was in the Ultimate Christmas Magazine.

This is a picture of the chart:-


I had originally planned to stitch this on 20 count white aida but I didn't like the coverage so I switched to a 32 count murano in blue grey.  I am stitching 2 over 1 full crosses.  Having looked more closely at the pattern I am glad I switched to the evenweave as it has a lot of quarter stitches in it and they would have been a nightmare to do on 20 count over 1.

Here's the picture of the progress I made today - the most boring update picture so far as it's only border:



Keep stitching and smiling

6 comments:

Heather said...

Great color I love the muted purples

craftingpaws said...

That pattern is adorable and your start looks really great!

Rachel said...

It's looking lovely so far Nic. You certainly made the right decision switching fabrics. :)

Tiffstitch said...

Beautiful choice on fabric and great idea to stick with evenweave, it will look fantastic!

Justine said...

I really like this design - looking forward to seeing more of it! Good decision to change your fabric too.

The Crafty Princess said...

Really pretty chart. The colours look amazing already on your fabric. Good idea to use evenweave, fractional stitches are a nightmare working over 1.
xox Alicia