Followers

Tuesday 3 May 2016

Stitch Maynia 2016 - Day 3 - Bookworm Fairy Mini - Heaven and Earth Designs - 03.05.16

If you haven't heard of Maynia before please see my post from 1st May - don't want to repeat myself everyday and bore everyone.

My day 3 project is called Bookworm Fairy and it is a picture by Hannah Lynn and was charted by Heaven and Earth Designs.

This is a picture of the chart:-


I am stitching this on 18 count Magic Guide from DMC.  It's the first time I've used a pre-gridded fabric and I am really enjoying stitching on it.  I am stitching 2 over 1 full crosses.  

I managed to do a little over 500 stitches today in 8 shades of blue (I did have the day off work so had a few hours to stitch!) and here's the picture of the progress I made today:


Keep stitching and smiling

6 comments:

Heather said...

Wow great progress!

Mii Stitch said...

This is a sweet & colourful pattern.
Great start!

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

I love these Hannah Lynn drawings but it's crying out for a hand-dyed fabric! Save all the background stitching too LOL. I'm so lazy!
Good Luck with Maynia too.

Tiffstitch said...

Great start and I agree with Jo, I'd probably try and find something to stitch on so I didn't have to do all the background too!

Rachel said...

You're off to another good start Nic.
I started this piece a couple of years ago and used hand-dyed fabric. OK, the fabric's quite pale compared to the lovely blues but there was NO WAY I was stitching all of that background! :)

The Crafty Princess said...

Awww I've always loved this chart. I'm really digging your new starts so far stunner.
xox Alicia